$17.99There's nothing quite like geocaching. What other activity utilizes GPS satellites orbiting thousands of miles above the earth to find hidden treasure? And with new technological advances and other exciting developments, geocaching is more appealing than ever.
Completely revised and updated with latest changes to the game, this helpful guide gives you a sure path from start to geocaching success. In it, you get:
- Pointers for getting started, including how to play the game and prepare for your amazing adventures.
- Tips for navigating Geocaching.com and selecting a geocache, plus advice on finding it -and leaving your own for others to find.
- A primer on GPS technology and best devices - including your smart phone - to use as you set out on your adventure.
- An introduction to the global geocaching community and tips for meeting like-minded treasure hunters.
- Information on the exciting opportunities Geotours and Geocaching Challenges offer for vacations or corporate team building.
The Editors (Brad Simmons and Jenn Seva) and the Staff of Geocaching.com, the official and largest GPS cache hunt site, are the quintessential geocaching experts. They have led geocaching since its inception and continue to be pioneers of this rapidly growing adventure activity. Learn More
$31.99Learning ® Magazine’s 2013 Teachers’ ChoiceSM Award for the Classroom
This teachers guide is targeted toward grades 4-8. Educaching is a comprehensive resource that incorporates GPS technology in the classroom with innovative lessons in science and math for all students including gifted children.
Aligning with the national teaching standards, the technology based curriculum and GPS lessons provide a challenging experiential learning environment for students.
Ideal for all, including resources for gifted children and lessons forhomeschool students! GPS in the classroom helps teachers turn the outdoors into a learning laboratory.
The Educaching notebook includes sections on these five topics:
- Teachers Training
- Lesson Plans (20 included)
- Field Sheets
- Aqcuiring GPS Units for your classroom
- Beyond the Basics
The Educaching curriculum includes a CD with Field Sheets and Teacher Templates. Learn More
$29.99Learning ® Magazine’s 2013 Teachers’ ChoiceSM Award for the Classroom
Educaching® GPS Based Curriculum for Teachers was developed with the teacher in mind. Educaching is ideal for teachers that are looking to explore with geospatial technology in the lesson plan. The Educaching manual provides easy to follow teacher instructions and innovative math, and science lessons that align with the national standards, and are ready for use in the outdoor classroom. This GPS based curriculum comes complete with; comprehensive teacher training section; 20 lessons that vary in degree of difficulty; Student Field Sheets that coincide with each lesson plan; tips on how to acquire GPS equipment; and fun ideas that take the technology beyond normal class time. Educaching is everything you need to engage students with the 21st Century GPS technology. Learn More
$99.99This is the perfect kit to start a geocaching program at your school, camp or club. It comes complete with all the essential materials you need to get started. Please keep in mind you will also need GPS enabled devices which are not included as part of this package.
- 4 - Medium Cache Containers with logbook and pencil
- 1 - The new Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching Guidebook 3rd Edition (not pictured)
- 8 - Sets of Geocaching Travel Bugs®
- 4 - Geocaching Lapel Pins
- 4 - Compass Zipper Pulls
- 4 - Small Cache Labels
- 1 - 12 Month Premium Membership to geocaching.com
- 1 - Adventure Program Storage Case Learn More